Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Washington: Tea Party activist heads to Laurel for horse racing .

Faves and raves by

Sam Hale

Sam Hale is the father of the Maryland Society of Patriots, a conservative activism group with about 1,500 members.

PERSONAL STATS

AGE: 25

NUMBER OF Age IN D.C. AREA: 25

NEIGHBORHOOD: Silver Spring/Burtonsville

- Hayley Peterson

1. FAVORITE NEIGHBORHOOD HANGOUT

In my neighborhood, Burtonsville, Looney`s Pub in Fulton is our favorite spot to go on a slow Friday night.

2. BEST Way OF TRANSPORTATION

My Mustang. I can`t bear the Tube and avoid it at all costs.

3. FAVORITE LOCAL SPORTS EVENT

I know the Redskins. But my favorite thing to do is to go to Laurel Racetrack and recreate the races. My dad and I used to go all the clock when I was a kid. I don`t see why more Marylanders don`t love horse racing. To me, it is the most exciting game out there; you`re personally involved in every race - via wagering - and you don`t accept to hold until next year when you lose. There`s another rush in 30 minutes.

4. BEST Site FOR LIVE MUSIC

Definitely Merriweather Post Pavilion. Had a big time seeing Kenny Chesney and Miranda Lambert there last summer. It is always oversold and crowded, but I always do to give a big time. Much closer and easier to get to than Jiffy Lube Live for Montgomery County folks.

5. BEST Site FOR OUT-OF-TOWN VISITORS

The Capital Grille. Super classy and super Washington.

6. FAVORITE MUSEUM

I am not a guy who loves to go to museums. But I do wish the Natural History museum. I was a kid who loved dinosaurs, and it has ever been the most interesting to me.

7. MOST ROMANTIC SPOT

I love Savage Mill in Savage, Md. outside of Laurel. I know to eat a late dinner at Rams Head and pass through the mall when about of the shops are closed. Sounds lame, but it does the trick.

8. FAVORITE WAY TO Pass A LAZY SUNDAY

I know to drive, and dear to ride through the country. My favorite thing to do on Sunday is to take the scenic section of 650 through Damascus and into Frederick County.Eat too often at a late lunch, drink coffee and get back.

9. BEN`S CHILI BOWL, OLD EBBITT GRILL OR CAFE MILANO?

Old Ebbitt.

10. BEST OUT-OF-TOWN RETREAT

I know all of Md and it`s all very different. And when running on the [gubernatorial candidate Brian] Murphy campaign I got to see it all. I believe the most beautiful space to go is Southern Maryland across the Thomas Johnson Bridge into St. Mary`s. But the most fun site to go is Ocean City with old friends from college.

11. BEST INSIDE-THE-BELTWAY RETREAT

Bethesda. A ton of nice places to go and it is near to home.

12. FAVORITE MONUMENT

Jefferson. Being a Tea Party guy, I actually admire Thomas Jefferson. It`s a beautifully done monument and one of my favorite things about Washington.

13. PROUDEST PART OF Animation IN THE D.C. REGION

It`s the most potent city in the world. I actually appreciate the proximity to the multitude who are governing over the innocent world. Being a Tea Party guy, I enjoy being able to travel 25 minutes for the incredible protests that many travel across the area for.

14. EMBARRASSING PART OF Life IN D.C. REGION

How incredibly liberal it is. The full area is deep in debt beyond its wildest dreams, and things appear to get worse for the country every year. But the people decline to shift the company or the politics in power.

15. BEST BREAKFAST SPOT

I hate going out for breakfast. It can ever be done better at home. But I enjoy Marvin on fourteenth Street (2007 14th St. NW).

16.BEST COFFEE SHOP

My sister lives across the street from Buzz in Old Town (901 Slater Lane); and I`m glad I don`t or I would weigh 300 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment