Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Robyn Set to Drop Third “Body Talk” on Blurt Online

Most awesome Robyn promo photo. ever! So we're tagging along for the mount too...

By Blurt Staff

Swedish pop star and unofficial Pitchfork den mother Robyn releases Body Talk, the last in a trilogy of 2010 albums, on Nov. 22 via Cherrytree. The new record will contain 15 tracks: five brand new songs plus five tracks each from Body Talk PT 1 and PT 2.

Collaborations include song doctor Max Martin, Diplo ("Dancehall Queen"), Kleerup ("In My Eyes"), Snoop Dogg ("U Should Know Better"), Ryksopp ("None of Dem"), Savage Skulls ("Love Kills") and producer Klas Ahlund.

Robyn, who performed her current single, "Dancing On My Own," with Deadmau5 at MTV's Video Music Awards, will appear Nov. 1 on "Gossip Girl" as a surprise guest at Blair's birthday party. She'll perform "Hang with Me" in the episode. She'll also perform on "Deep Night with Jimmy Fallon" on November 11th. After wrapping up her current sold-out European/U.K. tour, Robyn will launch her second North American expedition of 2010 starting November 5th in Miami Beach.

"I'm going to keep mixing up my tours with studio time and am hoping to cling to this new way of releasing music next year," Robyn explains. "This is the third, last break and culmination of the Body Talk album. It was never my end to give some sort of a public read in how many songs I could turn in a year. Although I believe it would weigh as a fairly good attempt, it's been near the work for me. It's been very interesting to try and figure outa more organic way of making music. A way that is unbiased and has its starting place in what feels logical to me, but likewise to the listeners.

"Even though it was never a conceptual idea, but a pragmatic answer to the job of getting bored with just doing one thing at a time, it has influenced not merely the music, but all the visual content for the album as well. And the way I've communicated with iron and listeners. It's been amazing to partake the work with you. As shortly as I have had an estimate of what I'm doing so have the fans and that interaction has been super interesting and fun to me. As I'm writing this, I am still mixing the third album. There are five new songs set to be released and I'm also including music from Body Talk PT 1 and 2 to finish this trunk of study in what will form the turbo version of the Body Talk album. Thanks for tagging along with me on this ride!"

TRACK LISTING:

Dancing On My Own (radio version) 2. Fembot 3. Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do 4. Indestructible 5. Time Machine 6. Love Kills 7. Hang With Me 8. Call Your Girlfriend 9. None Of Dem feat. Ryksopp 10. We Dance To The Beat 11. U Should Know Better feat. Snoop Dogg 12. Dancehall Queen 13. Get Myself Together 14. In My Eyes 15. Stars 4-Ever

Tour dates:

11/5 Miami Beach, FL The Fillmore at Jackie Gleason

11/6 Orlando, FLClub Firestone

11/7 Tampa, FLThe Ritz Ybor

11/8 Atlanta, GABuckhead Theatre

11/10 New York, NY Terminal 5

11/12 Toronto, ONThe Sound Academy

11/13 Chicago, IL Metro

11/14 Minneapolis, MN Fine Line Music Café

11/17 Los Angeles, CA Club Nokia

11/19 Vancouver, BC Venue Vancouver

11/20 Portland, ORWonder Ballroom

11/21 Seattle, WA Neumos

11/23 San Francisco, CA The Warfield

No comments:

Post a Comment