Thursday, October 21, 2010

isn't life the loveliest thing?

In typeface you don't already know, in the preceding two months, the media has been going dotty with the suicides of gay bullied teenagers. I'm not going to name the kids here because it breaks my heart every time I am reminded of the absolute number that has been reported. And I say reported, because let's face it; how many more suicide cases have gone unreported before this?

And how many more will proceed to be unreported?Dan Savage started a movement called 'It Gets Better' where people upload videos of themselves assuring these bullied kids that no matter how bad or dark things may appear right now, things do get better once they provide high school.It's been a grand success with celebrities, politicians and everyday people contributing to the project.Here are a few notable 'It Gets Better' videos such as.US President Barack ObamaUS State Secretary Hillary ClintonAdam LambertNeil Patrick HarrisDan Savage and his partner TerryAnd then there are those which really hit a chord inside of me, such as.Jake Shears from Scissor SistersEllen DegeneresFort Worth Councilman Joel BurnsI think that it's great that there's been such a campaign to stop bullying. It must be roughly the only safe thing to get out of all this grievous news.But if it was me, the one thing I actually need to recount these people who are being bullied everyday in school is that:You are not alone. Not only in being bullied, but also not only because there are people who fear for you and would know to charge for you, if given a prospect to be your friend. I would know to be your friend. I cannot stress enough of how not only you are. All I love is that I've been at a situation where I felt like I couldn't make it anymore and although it wasn't because of bullying, I have considered suicide. And the just thing that stopped me was because I had friends who cares for me and I could speak to them and leave about my worries when I'm with them. And so, if but you knew how not only you are.I believe that would alter everything.I can't tell them whether it gets better or not, because I'm still trying to visualize it out myself. But I do acknowledge that right now, at this moment, I look better whenever I think that a protagonist who will hear is ever merely a telephone call away.Love,Gee

No comments:

Post a Comment