Monday, July 17, 2006

Oh No They Didn't! - Darren Hayes Marries

Darren Hayes, formerly of Savage Garden is married!


I very rarely make comments about my individual life.
Monday, 17 July 2006

I very rarely make comments about my individual life.

But today, as I'm about to get 6 months in the studio to enter what I desire to be the better book of my career, I find an overwhelming gratitude for the preceding 10 days of being a performer.

Most recently, I've been moving toward a vocation that is more closely aligned with 'art' than it is 'commerce'. And in holding on this trajectory - I have become progressively more emotionally authentic in my music, writing and my relationship to my audience. As so many of you have granted me your substance and someone over the preceding 10 years I view it only meet that I too take the respect and inform you of the most important issue in my life.

On June 19th 2006 I married my boyfriend of two years, Richard, in a Civil Partnership ceremony in London.

I can frankly say it was the happiest day of my life.

I feel favorable to be in an era where my relationship can be considered legally legitimate and I remember the UK Government for embracing this very basic Civil Liberty.

I'm proud of who I am, and later what felt like an eternity, I'm finally in a site where my eye is good and content. And I can eventually make sense of all of the searching.

I still keep the notion that families and relationships are not commodities to be sold off for public consumption. In this regard, I am and will extend to be a public person with a private life.

I have ever written songs about human relationships and our journey in life. I've never felt the motivation to tell or talk to a particular component of society. This hasn't changed. I will continue to compose songs for everybody and trust that the feelings and thoughts I talk about are universal. Today, as I get on a flat to take to London, my brain will be filled with all the future possibilities that I promise to explore musically.

To the multitude who buy my records, come to my shows and evidence on a casual basis their beloved and keep for me and what I do: thank you.

Your overwhelming message to me lately seems to be that you are just happy that I am happy. For this, I am forever grateful.

To my Mum, Dad, Sister and Brother - thanks for ever being so cool and loving me unconditionally.

With passion and observe always
Darren Hayes

Let's not do the man for being gay please. Personally, I suppose a lot of people knew, but he never openly admitted it. I am glad for him though.

source: darrenhayes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment